When I’m not exploring a far-off country, leading a spin class or hitting the volleyball court, I’m doing what I do best: telling stories. Lots of them — for web, social, broadcast and print mediums.
- Senior Writer (Olympic Games) — CBC Sports
- Producer/Reporter — CTV News
- Web Producer — Global News
- Senior Digital Communications Advisor (Pan Am Games) — City of Toronto
- Digital Communications Advisor — University Health Network
- Associate Director of Communications — University of Toronto (OISE)
I’ve also freelanced for various publications including the Canadian Press, the Montreal Gazette and a newspaper in Banff, Alberta (at least, when I wasn’t on the slopes!).
From a high school exchange to Germany, to a reporting gig in London and a dream trip to the 2016 Rio Olympics, I thrive on diving into the unknown and learning all that I can. The first time I packed my bags, my dad gave me a card that read, “Those who travel on unworn paths find the rarest flowers” — and it was so true. Each trip abroad has led to the most rewarding experiences, enriching my knowledge and perspective of the world and its people— which I bring to each story I write.
Sports and Fitness
Growing up on the soccer pitch, I quickly fell in love with sports. I’m passionate about its ability to empower not only on the field – but off the field, too. Today, you’ll find me playing beach volleyball, running, biking, swimming, taking pilates classes or giving it my best shot at a hip hop studio 😉 I also recently became CanFitPro certified and am teaching spin classes! I’m inspired to help others live healthier, happier lives— and if I can write about it, even better! Articles for Oxygen Fitness, Canadian Running and CBC Sports are just a few of the ways I’ve channeled this passion.
I’m a lifelong learner. Here’s a snapshot:
- Master’s of Journalism — Western University
Highlights: Winner of CBC Sports Joan Mead Memorial Award for excellence in sports reporting. Participated in EXPLORE French exchange & work program in Quebec.
- Bachelor of Arts (Honours) — University of Guelph
Highlights: Semester abroad in Paris, France
- French courses — McGill University, Alliance Française, University of Toronto, Dawson College
- Digital Media courses — George Brown College (Video for Web, SEO and Analytics Reporting)
- Fitness certifications — CanFitPro, Schwinn certified
Have a story idea you’d like to share? Send me an email: